- Former New York City Mayor and current attorney for President Donald Trump Rudy Giuliani tried once more Sunday to straighten out the circumstances surrounding hush money paid to porn star Stormy Daniels, who claims to have had an affair with Trump. But Giuliani might have dug a deeper legal hole for the president. The New York Times reports that Giuliani said it was possible that Trump had paid hush money to other women. He also said the president might invoke the Fifth Amendment rather than testify in the special counsel’s investigation.
Rudy Giuliani said President Trump could invoke the Fifth Amendment if Robert Mueller issues a subpoena https://t.co/F9mLpnmdXa
— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 6, 2018
- An autopsy is being performed on a man pulled from Lake Lowell in Canyon County on Sunday night. KTVB-TV reports that the victim was discovered by marine deputies from the Canyon County Sheriff’s Office. CPR was performed by paramedics, but the victim was unresponsive and pronounced dead a short time later. The identity of the man is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
- The tallest, fastest roller coaster in history stopped running shortly after its maiden voyage this past weekend. ABC News reports that officials ground Steel Vengeance to a halt when one coaster bumped another in the loading station pf Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio. Four guests were evaluated at the scene, but there weren’t any serious injuries.
- An eruption of the Kilauea volcano in Hawaii continues to release high levels of sulfur dioxide gas. USA Today reports that 1,700 people have fled their homes.
- No, you’re not crazy; you’re getting a lot more robocalls. The New York Times reports that 3.4 billion automated calls were made in April. That’s an increase of almost 900 million for a year ago.
- Beginning tomorrow, Utah will be the first state in the nation to have a so-called “free range” parenting law. The BBC reports that the new law changes the state’s definition of neglect to allow children of “sufficient age and maturity” to engage in
Why Utah now has first ‘free-range’ parenting law https://t.co/4FCKzhSeyx
— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) May 5, 2018
— Heat Vision (@HeatVisionBlog) May 7, 2018
Phvntom, Inc. is a digital marketing company located in Boise, Idaho that creates websites, apps, and full-scale promotions/campaigns for other businesses. The views and opinions expressed in this article are strictly those of its authors and were not written by Phvntom. This article was originally published by Boise Weekly.