- The leaders of North and South Korea agreed early today to declare an official end to the Korean War. Bloomberg News reports that Kim Jong-un and Moon Jae-in also agreed to to work toward removing all nuclear weapons from the Korean peninsula.
— Bloomberg (@business) April 27, 2018
- Former NBC journalist Linda Vester tells Variety that she was the victim of sexual harassment by veteran NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw. Vester alleges that Brokaw tried to physically force her to kiss him, groped her and showed up at her hotel room uninvited. Brokaw is denying the allegations.
- Kensington Palace announces that there’s a name for the newest little prince: His Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge. NBC News reports that the name has strong family connections. Lord Louis Mountbatten was a dear friend of Prince Charles, and Prince Phillip, Queen Elizabeth’s husband, also had a grandfather named Louis of Battenberg.
- The public will finally get its first look at the James Castle House tomorrow as City of Boise officials cut the ribbon on the much-anticipated destination. Tours will be conducted of the home and property, and the Eugene Street neighborhood will hold a street party through most of the day. The site was home to famed artist James Castle for much of his life. In the four decades since his death, his work has been showcased at the Whitney Museum in New York City and the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C. The James Castle House is what architects call a “vernacular house.” Since its original construction, the house has undergone numerous phases of addition and modernization. Through the structure’s revitalization, historians and architects uncovered much of the home’s history.
- Amazon has announced it will charge $20 more per year for its Prime membership, which includes free two-day shipping and access to video streaming libraries. The new price goes into effect Friday, May 11, for new subscribers, and for existing subscribers, the boost will go into effect when their subscriptions are up for renewal.
- Boise will see some of the season’s warmest weather today when the high temperature climbs to the mid- to upper 80s. Unfortunately, the National Weather Service Office in Boise says showers are likely overnight and temperatures will drop by twenty degrees on Saturday. More showers are in the forecast throughout the weekend and temperatures are expected to remain the 60s for the next five days.
- Mamma Mia! Abba has returned to the recording studio and is expected to release its first new music in over 35 years. The BBC reports that the group made the announcement on Instagram, writing, “It was like time stood still.”
ABBA announce first new music since 1982 https://t.co/y3WnuMHAeq
— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) April 27, 2018
Phvntom, Inc. is a digital marketing company located in Boise, Idaho that creates websites, apps, and full-scale promotions/campaigns for other businesses. The views and opinions expressed in this article are strictly those of its authors and were not written by Phvntom. This article was originally published by Boise Weekly.